We’re looking for new trustees.
We’re looking for new trustees for Blackbird Leys Boxing Club as it becomes a registered charity and undertakes an exciting campaign to build a new home. We are the oldest open boxing club in Oxford, run by volunteers giving their time, expertise, & passion for the sport to new generations of boxers.
The successful applicant will bring senior experience and knowledge, especially in strategic planning, finance and planning permission/construction projects. No prior experience of boxing is necessary, but a knowledge of the operations of sports clubs and/or charities is essential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the Club to make a new home for itself in its 60th Anniversary year. Oxford City Council has identified a plot of land and given its support to the idea of creating a new facility for the Club that will transform our activities, help us build a more sustainable and impactful future, and provide much-enhanced opportunities for the community as a whole. It is part of a multi-million-pound investment in the community of Blackbird Leys and its facilities and has the enthusiastic support and backing of Oxford City Council.
New trustees will play a key role in developing and sustaining Blackbird Leys Boxing Club, and helping deliver its huge potential to transform lives.
Please download and read the Trustee Role Description for full details of the role. BBL Boxing Club – Trustee Role Description – July2020
The successful applicant will bring senior experience and knowledge, especially in the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Financial expertise, especially charity finance,
- Planning permission and construction projects
No prior experience of boxing is necessary, but a knowledge of the operations of sports clubs and/or charities is essential.
- Interested applicants should submit a copy of your CV with a cover letter marked for the Management Committee at the address or email below, by Friday 11 September.
- The above should contain a personal statement how they meet the experience, knowledge and skills set out in the Trustee Role Description
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. (by online video, or personal interview subject to the prevailing Covid-19 social distancing regulations)
- Please include details of two referees with any application.
Blackbird Leys Boxing Club operates according to the safeguarding and well-being policies of Boxing England. Because of the nature of our work, we carry out Criminal Records Checks. A formal offer of a trustee position will be subject to this check.
Blackbird Leys Boxing Club
Blackbird Leys Community Centre
Blackbird Leys Road
Oxford OX4 6HW