We’re looking for new trustees
We’re looking for new trustees for Blackbird Leys Boxing Club as it is now a registered charity. We are the oldest open boxing club in Oxford, run by volunteers giving their time, expertise, & passion for the sport to new generations of boxers.
No prior experience of boxing is necessary, but a knowledge of the operations of sports clubs and/or charities is essential.
New trustees will play a key role in developing and sustaining Blackbird Leys Boxing Club, and helping deliver its huge potential to transform lives.
Please download and read the Trustee Role Description for full details of the role. BBL Boxing Club – Trustee Role Description – July2020
The successful applicant will bring senior experience and knowledge, especially in the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Financial expertise, especially charity finance.
- Interested applicants should submit a copy of your CV with a cover letter marked for the Management Committee at the address or email below..
- The above should contain a personal statement how they meet the experience, knowledge and skills set out in the Trustee Role Description
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. (by online video, or personal interview subject to the prevailing Covid-19 social distancing regulations)
- Please include details of two referees with any application.
Blackbird Leys Boxing Club operates according to the safeguarding and well-being policies of Boxing England. Because of the nature of our work, we carry out Criminal Records Checks. A formal offer of a trustee position will be subject to this check.
Blackbird Leys Boxing Club